1999 – 2016
When I launched Profit Gate 17 years ago in September 1999, things were a bit different.
- Yahoo was the #1 Search Engine
- Yearly Inflation Rate 2.19%
- Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 11,497
- Interest Rates Year End Federal Reserve 8.50%
- Average Income per year $40,810.00
- Average Cost of new house $131,750.00
- Average cost of new car $21,050.00
- Average Monthly Rent $645.00
- Cost of a gallon of Gas $1.22
- US Postage Stamp 33 cents
- 1 LB of Bacon $2.59
- Coffee per lb $3.41
- Loaf of Bread $1.49
- Dozen Eggs 89 cents
The big thing going on back in 1999 was the worry about all the computers when the century ended. As you know, the world’s computers were not designed to handle the year 2000 and companies were scrambling to adjust them to deal with this. A few predicted disaster, but nothing bad actually happened.
Some of our clients have been with us since the beginning, many have been with us for over a decade. I’d like to thank all our clients for trusting your websites to us and allowing Profit Gate to serve you for so many years. I look forward to continuing our win/win relationships.